GuideofUS Advertising Disclosure
The Guide of US (hereafter, 'GoUS') website is composed of collaborative works written by a group of individuals. GoUS accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made on this website. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content, though we always attempt to identify this information to visitors in a clear and concise manner.
The management team of this blog is occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other related topics. Even though the owner(s) of this website receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the author’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Guide of US Advertising & Marketing Standards
The following covers the Advertising and Marketing Standards of Guide of US, LLC and Guide of US Media Ltd. Co. Failure by clients to comply with these standards may result in cancellation of client advertising and marketing services with Guide of US, LLC and/or Guide of US Media, Ltd. Co. (jointly hereafter, ‘GoUS’).
Basics / General
- GoUS reserves the right to reject or remove any ad campaign or sponsored content for any reason.
- Clients who advertise on GoUS properties are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The advertising and marketing policies listed on GoUS web properties are subject to change at any time, without notice.
- Clients managing ad campaigns on behalf of multiple advertisers or an agency must manage their campaigns through individual accounts with separate billing profiles.
- All clients may be subject to additional terms if utilizing other GoUS services.
Ad Campaigns must not include any of the following:
- Content targeted to minors.
- Content that, in any way, infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including trademark, copyright, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Nudity or sexually provocative content of any kind; at the sole discretion of GoUS.
- Animated GIFs or Flash.
- Weapons, explosives, ammunition, or any unsafe products; determined at the sole discretion of GoUS.
- False, deceptive or misleading content.
- Disrespectful or excessively violent content.
- Links to non-functional web pages or to pages not matching the product or brand being advertised on GoUS properties.
- Spyware or malware or links to sites containing spyware or malware.
- Any other illegal products, services or content.
- Alcoholic beverages: Ad campaigns that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals.
- Dating: Ads for online dating services are allowed only with prior authorization from GoUS management.
- Lotteries, online real money gambling, or games of skill: Ad campaigns for any of these categories are allowed only with prior authorization from GoUS management.
- Pharmacies or nutritional supplements:Ads for online or offline pharmacies or for nutritional supplements are permitted only with prior approval from GoUS management.
- All graphics, images, and content must be relevant and appropriate to the service or product being promoted on GoUS properties.
- Ad campaigns may not imply a GoUS endorsement without prior written permission.
- Associated ad campaigns and third-party landing pages must not use GoUS copyrighted or trademarked material without prior written permission by GoUS management.
As visitors browse GuideofUS destination websites online, including Hawaii-Guide.com and GuideofUS.com, they'll likely notice that we often link to Amazon for making a recommended purchase. Most of our team members, including our founder, have been Amazon customers since before our travel media company even existed, and for good reason. We believe, especially because of the convenience of Amazon Prime's free two-day shipping in addition to the company's excellent customer service, that Amazon is the best way for most travelers to shop online.
If you’d like to support us outside of buying something we specifically recommend in a specific entry or travel guide, you can do so by shopping through our Amazon Affiliate program. Any purchase you make on Amazon will help us continue to provide great travel content for our visitors.
Thank you for your support!