Last Modified: December 04, 2018
- Information collected through mediums other than our Services;
- Information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to our Services (such as a third-party website, application, widget or lead form).
Information We Collect and Receive About You
We might receive or collect several types of information about you, such as the information described below.
Information You Provide
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials, Guidelink, or other products and services through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, quizzes, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user-generated content or submissions.
Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and/or our business partners.
General Use and Preference Information
We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our Services (such as details of how and when you used our Services, interactions with our Services, resources that you access, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your preferences.
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other devices, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
We may collect your phone number: (i) if you submit your phone number to us through our Services; (ii) by capturing your phone number if you call us, or (iii) if a third party provides your phone number to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Log Files, Cookies, and Anonymous Identifiers
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store [content information and preferences.] Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information.
From time to time, we may participate in, partner with, or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. For example, we use Google AdSense to publish ads on our Services. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. In addition, we may use third-party advertising networks to serve advertisements to you on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. This practice is often referred to as "online behavioral advertising."
How We Secure Your Information
GuideofUS’ web servers only use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) transaction protocol originally developed by Netscape and now largely accepted as an industry standard. The purpose of this encryption protocol is to keep confidential the information passed back and forth between a web server and its users. In addition, GuideofUS uses 128-Bit Domestic Grade Strong Encryption, the most powerful encryption commercially available for Internet products (however, be aware that if you are using a 40-bit browser, your encryption level, while secure, is not the highest level available). We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security products, such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. We use both internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security measures on a regular basis.
How We Use Information
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
- Engage in customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify the information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
- Contact you and provide you with information. For example, we might provide or contact you through telephone, email, postal or other communications with Service updates, promotional materials, surveys, offers, quotes, personalized information and other information from us or our travel-related business partners.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Services, understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Services, customize and tailor Service content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback to our vendors, advertisers, and other third parties.
How We Disclose Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services' maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to Use Your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep Your Information confidential;
- To third parties when you use our Services to request a quote, services, or information from one or more of those third parties (e.g. an accommodation provider in connection with your completion of an lodging inquiry form) ("Requested Service Providers"), such as by clicking "book now" or other similar buttons at the end of a form, and we may be compensated for such disclosure;
- To third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest, and we may be compensated for such disclosure;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights; and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
If you do not want Your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with Your Information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personally identifiable information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions through our Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Log Files. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. If you wish to not have third party advertisers collect your information for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI's directions. You may also opt-out of Google Adsense's use of its cookie by visiting Google's Advertising and Privacy page. Please note that these opt-outs do not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Third Party Widgets and Plug-ins
Operation of our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer.
Guide of US, LLC and Guide of US Media, Ltd. Co. (“The Controllers”) collect personal data from individual users of [www.Hawaii-Guide.com and/or guideofus.com]. Certain types of this data may constitute protected “personal data” as that term is defined in the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The following disclosures concerning The Controllers compliance with GDPR are presented for informational and compliance purposes only. Nothing in these disclosures constitutes a representation that any particular data or service is governed or subject to GDPR, nor do these disclosures represent or constitute any contract or undertaking with any individual.
Effective Date of GDPR
GDPR is set to take effect on May 25, 2018. On and after that date, The Controllers will comply with GDPR to the extent applicable.
Utilization of Data
The Controllers utilize personal data including the information provided by you during usage of the website and submission of forms. The Controllers process this data for marketing purposes. This data may be used, for example, to send information electronically or physically that you request.
Basis for the Processing of Data
The Controllers may seek your consent to send communications (marketing communications). The Controllers will seek a separate consent to send these communications in certain cases which may be revoked by you at any time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking unsubscribe on the pertinent email communication.
Recipients of Personal Data
Recipients of personal data may include fulfillment providers for physical mailing, email deployers, technical providers of data storage, and back end service providers. All employees of The Controllers who receive or review personal data have received training concerning maintaining the confidentiality of such data and committed themselves to confidentiality. Where appropriate, The Controllers will enter into written agreements governing the processing and confidentiality of personal data by third parties.
Storage of Data
The Controllers will retain data only as long as is necessary.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If the GDPR applies to retention of your personal data, you have several rights including (i) the right to request access, rectification or erasure of your data, (ii) the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate European Union supervisory authority, and (iii) to the extent processing of data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding Your Information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Special Notification for U.S. California Residents -- Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Guide of US, LLC
1792 South Lake Drive
Ste 90 - 311
Lexington, SC 29073
Attention: Director, Customer Service
Fax Number: (866) 254-1832
California privacy rights requests must include the reference "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.